Happy Holidays! Have you thought yet about the right gift to give your senior loved ones? There are a few tried-and-true ideas as well as some gifts that seem particularly relevant in 2020. Here’s a roundup of a few ideas that will make your senior loved one smile this holiday season:
1. A customized mask. Does your senior have a favorite sports team, hobby, or college? Buy them a mask (or masks) with a logo or picture representing something they love.
2. Acupressure foot slippers. Acupressure is the idea of targeting and placing pressure on particular parts of the body to improve pain or health in a corresponding part of the body. Acupressure foot slippers have various circles designed to target foot pain such as plantar fasciitis and improve blood flow.
3. A lighted magnifying glass. This handy gadget will make it easier for your senior loved ones to read and see things. Lighted magnifying glasses are particularly good if you have age-related macular degeneration.
4. Gift certificate for online classes. With fewer people congregating in person right now, much of our learning has gone online. Help seniors in your life continue to discover the world with online learning courses. This could be through local adult/community education programs, universities, or even fitness facilities that offer online cardio or yoga classes. Cooking, photography, history, and more….there’s plenty to explore through online classes.
5. A personalized photo calendar. You can include photos of the kids and grandkids, photos of your favorite pets, or even photos of local nature and animals. Customize your calendar as much as you want, and you’ll give them a practical gift they can use all year long.
6. Food delivery. With the ongoing pandemic, going out to eat frequently can double your loved one’s risk of COVID-19. Let them enjoy their favorite restaurants with a gift card to a food delivery service, such as DoorDash or UberEats. (Guide them through using the app if needed.) Alternately, you can give another food-related gift delivered straight to their door, such as Florida citrus, special chocolates, or a Fruit of the Month club.
7. Ancestry.com membership. With more and more people documenting their family history, sites such as Ancestry.com provide access to a treasure trove of information. Through Nov. 25 of this month, Ancestry.com offers 20% off its current rate of $79 for six months (there are other rate plans as well).
8. Kitchen appliances made easier. This can include an E-Z jar opener, a vegetable chopper, a “smart” mug, a reacher grabber, and a mixing bowl set with grips on the side.
Call Secure Aging to Find Out How We Can Help Seniors With Care Management
At Secure Aging in Bradenton, we transform the weight of the world into a sigh of relief for our senior clients and their concerned family members. The mission of Secure Aging is to protect and preserve our client’s independence and dignity through careful and thoughtful financial and care management. As our clients’ age, it is their desire to remain independent and age with dignity. Our services protect our clients from talented con artists looking to exploit and deplete the financial resources of our vulnerable seniors. Secure Aging helps families in Manatee County and Sarasota County and in and around the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Sarasota. Call us at 941-761-9338, or visit us online at www.secureaging.com.