As health treatments advance, more and more people are living longer, even with chronic conditions that at one point may have led to an early demise. So, with all that life has to offer, why not live your best life and aim for 100 years young?!
Here are tips on living to 100 shared by centenarians from around the globe.
- Do something interesting every day. (Lili Rudin)
- Learn new things to keep your mind active (Frieda Falk)
- Treat people nice. (Gertrude Weaver)
- Don’t smoke. (Finding from a study of centenarians)
- Exercise regularly. (Finding from a study of centenarians)
- Eat a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables, fiber, and good fats. Make sure to work in some omega-3 fatty acids from sources like salmon. (Finding from a study of centenarians)
- Drink a daily whiskey and beer. (Agnes Felton)
- Celebrate every day, and don’t look at the calendar. (Ruth Coben)
- Walk and move around a lot. (George Boggess)
- Be lovable. (Justina Sotomayor)
Call Secure Aging to Find Out How We Can Help Seniors With Care Management
At Secure Aging in Bradenton, we transform the weight of the world into a sigh of relief for our senior clients and their concerned family members. The mission of Secure Aging is to protect and preserve our client’s independence and dignity through careful and thoughtful financial and care management. As our clients age, it is their desire to remain independent and age with dignity. Our services protect our clients from talented con artists looking to exploit and deplete the financial resources of our vulnerable seniors. Secure Aging helps families in Manatee County and Sarasota County and in and around the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Sarasota. Call us at 941-761-9338, or visit us online at www.secureaging.com.