Although Valentine’s Day is usually focused on love for a romantic partner, it’s always a good idea to show others that you care for them, including the seniors in your life. So, in the spirit of Valentine’s Day and expressions of love and caring, here are a few unique ways you can celebrate with senior loved ones.
- Watch classic romantic movies together. Examples include “Casablanca,” “When Harry Met Sally,” and “Roman Holiday,” according to an article on Medical Alert Device’s website. Of course, if romantic movies aren’t top priority for your senior loved one, you can find another fun theme for your movie watching.
- Have a group of friends make or buy cards for your loved one in honor of Valentine’s Day.
- Make a special treat. One easy idea is strawberries with Nutella or melted chocolate. Florida strawberries are in season this time of year, with many of them grown in nearby Plant City. It’s the perfect idea for a locally grown sweet treat.
- Make a care package. Think of some small but useful items your senior loved one might need, such as a pair of socks, dental care items, body wash, a favorite magazine or books from a favorite author, or even a new shirt. You can group them together as a care package.
- Play a game or do a craft together. The website BuzzTime Business has an article with several ideas for games and crafts to do with seniors, including “Name That Love Song” and handmade Valentine’s cards.
- Take him or out for a favorite meal. It doesn’t have to be fancy or pricey. It could even be breakfast or lunch at a local popular eatery. The idea is to show you’re thinking about them. If that’s not an option, you can make a meal with the help of meal kits, such as ones now available at Publix.
Call Secure Aging to Find Out How We Can Help Seniors With Care Management
At Secure Aging in Bradenton, we transform the weight of the world into a sigh of relief for our senior clients and their concerned family members. The mission of Secure Aging is to protect and preserve our client’s independence and dignity through careful and thoughtful financial and care management. As our clients' age, it is their desire to remain independent and age with dignity. Our services protect our clients from talented con artists looking to exploit and deplete the financial resources of our vulnerable seniors. Secure Aging helps families in Manatee County and Sarasota County and in and around the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Sarasota. Call us at 941-761-9338, or visit us online at www.secureaging.com.